I love making goals for the new year. To me it’s like anything in the new year is a possibility. 2015 was quite the year of change for me so I’m looking forward to 2016 which I hope will be a year of settling in and happiness. From the blog, you know that some of the things that bring me happiness are reading, movies, and tv. Here are some of my goals regarding those categories for 2016.
I’m not joining the Goodreads 2016 Reading Challenge and setting a number for the amount of books I want to read. Some years I make that goal and some I don’t… and you know what it doesn’t matter. Instead of a specific number I’ve settled on some series and books I would like to read for sure next year:
- Percy Jackson series – I read the first Percy Jackson book in 2010 and didn’t carry on with the series. I really enjoyed it so I’m not sure why I stopped. I bought the paperback collection from Amazon and will getting to the whole series (re-reading book 1) in 2016.
- Miss Peregrine trilogy – I’ve heard good things about this series so I’m excited to complete it. A couple of months ago I barely started Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children but then my cat got sick and passed away and I turned to some different reads. I’m excited to get back to this series. Luckily, I have plenty of time before the movie comes out in December of 2016.
- Reread all Rainbow Rowell books – I just love Rainbow Rowell! Here books make me happy. I’ve realized that the past few years I’ve been really bad at re-reading books I love (there are just so many I haven’t read). When I was a kid I would re-read books all of the time (probably because they were the only books I had). I got the idea of listening to books I’ve already read to help with re-reading them from Jaime over are The Perpetual Page Turner and it’s been great. I just finished re-reading/listening to Landline this morning (1 down and it’s not even 2016!) and it was fantastic to revisit Georgie and Neal. I do have to admit that I haven’t read Carry On yet. I started it just as I finished the Harry Potter series which wasn’t a great idea.
- Finish Anna and the French Kiss companion series reread – Going along with the above statements on re-reading, I love this companion series by Stephanie Perkins and needed it back in my life. In 2016 I’ll be reconnecting with Lola and Isla.
- Read Anne of Green Gables – I LOVED the movie when I was a kid, but I don’t think I ever actually read the books. I’ll change that in 2016.
- Read a Neil Gaiman book – I know! I should have already read one… but I haven’t. Hopefully I’ll read more than one in 2016.
- Marvel movie binge – I haven’t seen all of the Marvel movies. There! I’ve admitted it online. I like the ones I’ve seen and I’m tired of the looks of shock and displeasure I get then people find out I haven’t seen them all… so I’m changing it. My co-worker gave me this chart which I think I’ll follow for my movie watching. I won’t be watching Agents of SHIELD now. Agent Carter is a maybe (I’ve heard really good things).
- Star Wars re-watch – I’m also going to re-watch all of the Star Wars movies. I haven’t seen episodes 4-6 since they were released in anticipation of episodes 1-3 and I only saw 1-3 in the theaters.
- FINALLY watch Firefly – Again, I KNOW! I’m a big fan of Joss Whedon so this is very sad. I mean, I’ve even seen all of Dollhouse. I have the Firelfy DVDs so it’s going to happen and then I can stop hearing, “Why haven’t you seen it? It’s so good!”.
- Daredevil – I figure this goes along with my Marvel movie watch. I know it’s not part of the movies, but it’s part of staying current with Marvel. I watched Jessica Jones this month so I’m excited to see what all of the Daredevil fuss was about. I’ll also be able to watch season 2 with the rest of you.
- Seinfeld re-watch – Seinfeld comes up a lot in my life and I haven’t watched it in so long I don’t get all of the inside jokes anymore (I have an insanely bad memory. I’ve watch Seinfeld so much it should all be burned in my brain.)
- Sex and the City re-watch – I started this a couple of years ago and stopped for some reason. I just miss my ladies and want to visit with them.
Let me know in the comments what your entertainment goals for 2016 are.